Thursday, June 25, 2009

Mommy brain

You've all heard me talk about my brain power diminishing with pregnancy, and then continuing its downward spiral post-partum. Well, my dear husband and son have now both confirmed the serious lack of ability now being exhibited by my brain...
Case study #1: A few weeks ago after I finally got both kids fed, dressed, and into the van and headed down the driveway (an hour late for our scheduled activity), Eli says, "Mama, I saw Zoe!" Sure enough, I had forgotten to let Zoe back in after she went out to pee in the morning and was driving away with our dog in the driveway and the front door wide open! Jeesh!
Case Study #2: Upon coming home from work yesterday, Ryan said "I can tell you have too much on your plate right now because when I left for work this morning both the garage door and the back of the van were wide open!" Oh my! Fortunately my dear husband followed this up with "You're trying to do too much, you need to rely on me more." Thank you honey!!
Let's hope in time my mind will return to full functionality! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Harris is 5.5 months and I still feel like I have mommy brain! It might be around for awhile! That's a very sweet reaction Ryan had, by the way, what a good husband!

    ReplyDelete