Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Eli's "Handy Mandy" party

For the record, the post title does not contain a typo...despite our efforts, Eli insists on calling Handy Manny "Handy Mandy." In Eli's defense, it does roll of the tongue quite smoothly, and I've caught myself saying Handy Mandy a couple of times, too!
Eli decided early on that he wanted a construction party for his 4th birthday, and his growing interest in the show made his request that it be specifically a Handy Manny party unsurprising. It worked out well for us, too, as all of the Handy Manny party supplies were on clearance when I went shopping!
We had a great time listening to the Handy Manny soundtrack, building toolboxes, eating pizza and cake, and opening presents. I suppose it's best to let the photos tell the story...
We decorated with Eli's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd birthday portraits by our friend Emily Weaver Brown. Eli at 1 in the center, 2 at right, and 3 at left. During the week that these were up Abby kept pointing at the center photo and saying, "Abby! Abby!"An excited boy awaiting his guests...Time to get to work!

The kids really seemed to enjoy the project...and the parents did too, I guess. One friend of ours (a father of three sweet girls) looked at Ryan during the construction and said enthusiastically, "This is the coolest party I've ever been to!" To which Ryan replied, "Oh, this is just the warm-up; you guys are gonna build me a fence later." Our friend then resigned himself to the fact that the toolbox would likely become a doll bed when they got home!Eli requested a rectangle cake with white frosting and the number 4 on it in blue "so that all of my friends will know that I'm four and that blue is one of my favorite colors." I surprised him by adding Handy Manny and his tools.We are truly blessed!!

Happy Birthday, son! We love you so very much and are so proud of you...you are such a wonderful, sweet, big boy!!

1 comment:

  1. Love the family pic at the end! Both kiddos are focused on what they are holding and you and Ryan are smiling for the camera! :) I can't believe there was actually sunshine in those pictures too! It's been a long time of rain!!!

    ReplyDelete