Monday, June 14, 2010

Dates with Eli

Ryan and I have each enjoyed special one-on-one dates with Eli to celebrate his turning 4.
A week before Eli's birthday, he and Ryan took a train ride to Portland. They spent the whole day together (about 15 hours from start to finish) riding the train, visiting the Portland zoo, playing at the playground, and taking the train back. They had a terrific day together, and bonded more than ever!
Arriving in Portland...At the zoo...Enjoying the view out the train window (this is the zoo train, not the "real" train)...Enjoying the wildlife :)Another zoo with a tractor to ride!So today I got my date day with Eli. Nana came to spend the day with Abby and Eli I headed off on our adventure. We grabbed some lunch and headed over to Ryan's school to watch his students launch their bottle rockets. It's a fun end-of-the-year project he always gives them, and Eli had a blast watching! Then it was off to Seattle to visit a fabulous place called The Scratch Patch. This unique play place is basically a small store with two rooms in which the floor is covered 1-3 inches deep with two tons (yes, you read that right) of tumbled gemstones (think Rose Quartz, Hematite, Amethyst and 182 others!). When you enter you get a basket for collecting rocks, an identification chart, and then you're free to explore and play. Needless to say, Eli had the time of his life! He played, he "swam", he rolled, he bulldozed! We spent well over an hour there just enjoying the rocks...I have to admit, I thought it was really cool too!After The Scratch Patch we headed out for ice cream...Eli's new favorite is Chocolate/Vanilla swirl, though he prefers to call it Fudge Swirl!
Ryan and I both thoroughly enjoyed our special dates with our sweet, wonderful boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment