We've enjoyed several visits to The Children's Museum in the past couple of months, but this day was particularly eventful. We arrived at 8:30 in the morning (I still can't believe I got us to Seattle that early!) for a special Egg Hunt event. The kids were really excited, and found lots of eggs.

Working together to find where the eggs are hidden...
Taking a brief break...
Reaching for a tricky one...
The eggs were all empty, and after hunting as much as they wanted to, kids exchanged their eggs for prize bags. Once Eli and Abby had finished their hunting we took our prizes out to the van, had a snack, and then headed back inside for another special event; the Museum did a special Earth Day story time that included a tour of Seattle's monorail. The kids and I (with a group of about 6 other families) actually got to go underneath the monorail and see the inner workings of the train: the engine, the wheels, and all the other cool stuff. Eli was in awe...
And so was Abby, though I think she was more worried than impressed! :)
We then got to board the train that wasn't running and take turns "driving" it. Needless to say, Eli thought this was pretty spectacular!
Again, Abby wasn't quite as impressed. I'm pretty sure she only wanted to sit in the driver's seat so that she didn't miss out on something Eli was doing!
It was a very cool (and exhausting) day at the Museum!
No comments:
Post a Comment