We started a new family tradition this morning: Christmas eve breakfast dates. Eli and Ryan went on a "Man-date" breakfast to Eli's favorite pancake restaurant, and Abby and I headed to Starbuck's. Obviously I wasn't there to take photos of the man date, but I did get some great shots of Abby enjoying her special doughnut and first "real" Starbuck's (it was steamed milk).

We all had a really great time on our dates and are looking forward to continuing this tradition!
One tradition that we continued this year was giving the kids each their own special Christmas tree ornament. I always try to find special ornaments that represent the kids' interests or personalities. This year I couldn't find anything that was right, so I went with Plan B and made them. I found little model horse and dinosaur toys for Abby and Eli, respectively, and attached ribbons to them to create ornaments. I'm so glad I thought to do this, because the kids just loved their ornaments!
LOVE the pictures of Abby at Starbucks....that looks like the beginning of many fun dates!
ReplyDelete