One of my favorite childhood memories is baking with my G-Ma...especially for Christmas. Her specialties were cranberry bread and zucchini bread, and I still use her recipes. Of course, we also made Christmas cookies, and this is a tradition I'm enjoying carrying on with my kids. This year we invited some of our close friends to make cookies with us, and we all had a great time.




Once the cookies were in the oven, Eli decided to make snow with the leftover flour!
We had lunch while the cookies baked and cooled, and then it was time to decorate! As you can see, Abby quickly discovered that decorating cookies was a waste of precious resources; it was a much better idea to simply eat the frosting and other toppings!
As usual, Eli worked meticulously!
Though he eventually joined in the eating!
I love carrying on this special tradition with my kids!
And in case you missed it...check out Abby's special cookie-decorating outfit: the top half of a tiger costume, a pink tutu, the bottom half of a monkey costume, and princess slippers!
That's my Abigail!
No comments:
Post a Comment