Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Another birthday coming...

With all the attention showered on Abby lately, I'm glad it's about to be Eli's turn. Our little man definitely needs his share of attention, and I'm looking forward to showering him with extra special goodness this weekend.
A good friend of mine always posts her daughter's birthday wish lists on their blog because of the creativity and hilarity of it (this year her list included 31 butterflies and a nose-picker!), so I thought I'd steal her idea and post Eli's list. However, instead of a list, I ended up with a very silly conversation.


Eli, what do you think you might like for your birthday?
Mama, I want tons of stuff.
Like what?
I want lots more trains.
Which ones?
Tons of them. (For the record, he has tons of them!)
Can you tell me some names?
I want Rheneas and Daisy. The metal ones.
Any others?
No, just those ones. (If two is his definition of tons, I think we're in good shape!)
Is there anything else you might like?
Mama, I want tons of stuff!
Are there any other toys, movies, or books you can think of that you want?
Let's get a Handy Mandy movie!
Ooh, a Handy Manny movie would be fun.
But Mama, I want to call him Handy Mandy.
Okay, but I will still call him Handy Manny. Is there anything else?
Mama, I don't want to tell you!


So, there you have it! Not much of a birthday list, but a fun conversation nonetheless. He later told me he also wanted knee pads, a bike horn, and a remote control car, but when I said I'd add them to his birthday list he said, "No, just the stuff I told you before." What a goofball! But he sure is a precious goofball! :)
One a seperate note, Eli drew his first self-portrait the other day!

That's Eli standing on a stool. He only has one eye because he ran out of room! :) And here's the proud artist...

No comments:

Post a Comment