This weekend we had the priveledge of attending a very cool annual event put on by the parents of some very good friends of ours. The event is called Pine Cone Drive-In (they live on Pine Cone Drive)...they choose a weekend every summer and invite family and friends to come camp on their property near Lake Wenatchee. Each night the home-made movie screen shows classic cartoons for the kids at 8, followed by a short intermission for bed time, and a 10:00 feature for the grown-ups.
They provide breakfast each morning as well as the main course for dinners. Everyone who attends pitches in with side dishes or dessert as well as movie snacks. They even fire up an old-fashioned popcorn popper!
Since this was our first attempt at camping with a baby we opted to stay just one of the three nights. So, we packed up the van Saturday morning and made the two (or should I say four) hour drive. We set up camp and relaxed a little before heading over to Lake Wenatchee for some fun. It was beautiful, and the cool wind provided relief from the dry heat elsewhere. 

Instead of putting the kids to bed and taking in the late movie, Ryan and I headed to bed after cartoons and dessert. Ryan and Eli camped in the tent - one of their new favorite pasttimes - and Abby and I "camped" in the back of the van. Have I mentioned how much I love our van? Though it may not have been the most decadent (or comfortable) of accomodations, it actually worked out really well! We're looking forward to attending again next year, and we might even attempt a longer stay. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment